The Monkton Players were originally formed in 1949 and performed in the then Victory Village Hall (built on the site of the current Village Hall car park). The first ever Monkton Players production was the one act play ‘The Proposal’ by Anton Chekov. The Players were forced to disband in the 1960′s. The village was left without a drama group until 1980, when the present Monkton Players were reformed.
Since then we have performed over 60 plays and are still the only village hall group to have performed for a week at the Brewhouse, our successful 10th Anniversary production ‘Outside Edge’.